The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 took effect on 25th May 2018. Mayfair Capital Limited complies with applicable GDPR regulations as a data controller and data processor.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th March 2020.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact Mayfair Capital Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal Data” is Data about any identifiable living person in so far as this relates to a Client. It means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Acting as a Controller, Joint-Controller or Processor, Mayfair Capital Limited collects personal information:
- from visitors to the Website through the use of online forms,
- obtained from your product or service provider, if you wish to invest in through our services,
- obtained from another entity where Mayfair Capital Limited offers administration or investment services,
- every time you email us your details.
- from completing any MCL applications whether online or on hard copy documentation
Acting as a Controller, Joint-Controller or as an agent of other entity who is a Controller of your Data, we may collect information about you and process it; this information may include, for example:
- your name,
- your postal address,
- your email address,
- your telephone number,
- your bank account details,
- your employment details,
- your date of birth,
- your national insurance number,
- your wallet ID on our FCA-regulated payment service provider, MangoPay,
- a copy of proof of identity, such as passport or similar document,
- information about your investments made with Mayfair Capital Limited, such as the invested amount, the product acquired, etc.
If you act on behalf of a company, we may collect, for example:
- Certificate of Incorporation,
- Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- copy of proof of identity (such as passport or similar document) for its shareholders and directors,
- administrative and managerial contact information (email and phone number).
Use of personal information
Mayfair Capital Limited controls and/or processes personal information for the following purposes:
To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we may use your personal data (and if you do not provide this personal data we may not be able to provide our services to you):
- to confirm your identity in order to create your account with Jarvis Investment Management, Credo Investment Services, Valbury Investment services and ensure that you are eligible to use the services provided on the Website,
- to conduct required anti-money laundering checks on you, and associated financial crime and fraud monitoring, in connection with transactions you may conduct through the Website,
- in the case of investors, to confirm that you are eligible to make investments through the Website in accordance with relevant legislation,
- to enable us to comply with our obligations as an FCA regulated financial services business, including transaction recording, updates on your investment and fundraising activity on the Website, other compliance responsibilities, and reporting to regulators and governmental authorities.
To carry out our obligations under our contracts with you or others, we may use your personal data:
- to process and administer payments and investments in connection with the services provided on the Website,
- to facilitate the investment transactions,
- to create and maintain a register of Clients and investments
We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that the Website and our services operate effectively, and to do this we may use personal data:
- to provide our services (which may include the detection, prevention of security and technical issues), and to monitor, improve and administer the Website,
- to respond to customer support requests and enquiries, and to ensure customer satisfaction, administering orders and accounts relating to our Clients,
- to maintain information as a reference tool or general resource,
- to manage Clients’ accounts with Jarvis Investment Management, Credo Investment Services and Valbury Investment Services
- to provide you with information about products and services,
- to provide administration and software support for product providers with who you are investing with or for other entities helping them with this process.
Your Personal Data may be profiled in any form of automated processing.
Mayfair Capital Limited as a processor
Mayfair Capital Limited is a processor of personal data acting as an agent on behalf of product or services providers, abiding by the provisions set out in article 5 of the GDPR (that information is processed lawfully and fairly), and in articles 28 and 29 of the GDPR. In particular, we:
- provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and ensure the protection of your rights.
- ensure that our processing is governed by a contract binding us with regard to the controller and that sets out the subject-matter and duration of the processing, the nature and purpose of the processing, the type of personal data and categories of data subjects and the obligations and rights of the controller;
- ensure that persons authorised to process the personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality.
- delete or return all the personal data to the controller after the end of the provision of services relating to the processing.
- Respecting the conditions referred to in art. 28 and subsequent articles of GDPR, Mayfair Capital Limited may engage another processor.
Mayfair Capital Limited as a Controller or Joint-Controller of personal data
Mayfair Capital Limited is also a controller of personal data. This means that we determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Mayfair Capital Limited is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
If you have provided your personal details with us and you wish to change your preferences, please inform us at the address provided below if you do not wish to receive information about:
- our products or services,
- products or services offered by other companies within our group,
- products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations.
Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving additional information from Mayfair Capital Limited or related third parties at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com, by calling us on 0203 795 4964 or by writing to us at the following address: Mayfair Capital Limited, 52-54 Broadwick Street, London W1F 7AH.
Mayfair Capital Limited may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Mayfair Capital Limited will only disclose personal information to other companies within its group of companies, business partners, government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to its business and suppliers engaged to process information on its behalf. Your details will never be sent to any third party.
Mayfair Capital Limited may disclose personal data:
- to service providers used by Mayfair Capital Limited, and will take reasonable precautions to ensure that these service providers are obliged to keep your personal data secure and confidential, in compliance with relevant legal requirements.
- to HM Revenue & Customs and the Financial Conduct Authority – if we are required to do so by law – or by order of any legitimate government body or arbitration panel.
- in the event that we intend to enter into a major corporate transaction, such as a sale of control of our or another business, we may disclose certain of your personal data to potential buyers, underwriters or advisors.
If we disclose personal data to another entity, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure that the recipients of your personal data are obliged to keep it secure and confidential, in compliance with relevant legal requirements.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to Mayfair Capital Limited processing personal information in this way.
Subject access rights
You have the right to request from Mayfair Capital Limited, as a Controller, access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
You have a right to a copy of and details of the personal information held about you, including the purposes of the processing and the categories of personal data. To obtain a copy of the personal information Mayfair Capital Limited holds about you, please write to us at Mayfair Capital Limited, 52-54 Broadwick Street, London W1F 7AH. A charge of £10.00 will be made by Mayfair Capital Limited for providing this information.
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner’s website at ico.gov.uk.
Cookies are small files that collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, which is then used to help improve the site. The information collected includes the number of site visitors, where visitors come to the site from and the pages they visited. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/2EN5MS7).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Who is Mayfair Capital Ltd data processor?
Active Campaigns, Hubspot and Zoho have been appointed as Mayfair Capital Ltd data processor in the EEA for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
Mayfair Capital Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Registration No.766642.
Registered office address: Mayfair Capital Limited, 52-54 Broadwick Street, Soho, London, W1F 7AH United Kingdom